Thursday, February 1, 2018

Is your carpal tunnel syndrome a Medical problem, or simply a potential Chiropractic success story?

The following is a copied-and-pasted email from a current patient.  Perhaps hers is a story to get you thinking....

January 30, 2018

Last summer, I was diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome severe enough that doctors said surgery was eminent. I did research and learned that carpal tunnel syndrome was nerve impingement caused by collapse of the carpal bones. I was puzzled that surgery only removed tissue to reopen the tunnel, and did nothing about the cause, which are the misaligned bones.

I needed a chiropractor who could adjust my carpal bones and eliminate my need for surgery. I saw a flyer for Dr. Sheena and called. Immediately, I was attracted to her personable nature and confidence, and made an appointment. I filled out her intake form before our visit and, though I was only focused on my hands, the completed form showed a picture of my health that I was unaware of. I was a mess from head to toe, literally, with areas of pain that I had grown accustomed to ignore. 

Dr. Sheena explained how the central nervous system works and that spinal misalignment notably causes pain and discomfort, but also can be the culprit of other physiological effects that one would not tie to misalignment. She explained that she prefers to use the gentle approach to chiropractic care and how it works. I had not had her particular technique performed on me before, but was willing to try it; after all, not having pre manipulation anxiety or hearing my bones crack sounded quite refreshing. We started working together to get me pain relief, and living a healthier lifestyle with improved diet and exercise. Many shun chiropractic care for various reasons, but Dr. Sheena is indeed a DOCTOR! She asks me about my health, life, stresses, and habits, and takes notes. She is a proponent of listening to your body, and makes diet and exercise suggestions based on a realistic lifestyle.
 
I saw Dr. Sheena for 6 visits before she performed a reevaluation. I felt normal and could not understand the big deal she was making until she showed me the intake form I had completed several visits before. My eyes almost popped out of my head! I could not believe the state I was in when I came to her! I felt so normal and could hardly remember the painful mess scribed on the paper. Dr. Sheena said that she was sure that we can achieve even greater results, and I went 4 more visits. I feel good from head to toe. I have some soft tissue damage from the collapse of my carpal bones, but my hands and wrists have improved so much that surgery is no longer eminent. I was able to decorate and cook for the holidays PAIN FREE! That meant a lot to me, and I am so thankful for Dr. Sheena and her work, care, and advice.

Unfortunately, I am not out of the woods. Due to my years of inattentiveness, my body structure has worn bones and poor muscle memory that is going to take time to correct. Dr. Sheena and I are now on a maintenance plan so that I can continue to build on the benefits of her early work. 

I encourage all who are considering chiropractic care to make an appointment with Dr. Sheena. She is a caring chiropractic doctor who delivers results, both gently and affordably.

--Ms. D.A.
Idaho Falls, ID

No comments:

Post a Comment